Meet Jon Ossoff
I’m running for Congress because I believe we all have to stand up, right now, and fight for progress — for our prosperity and health, our civil rights and civil liberties, and our security.
I was born and raised in Georgia and grew up here in the Sixth District.
Today, I lead a company that investigates corrupt politicians and organized crime.
Our team has taken down human traffickers, exposed dozens of corrupt officials around the world, and uncovered atrocities committed by ISIS in Iraq. Previously, I was a senior national security staffer in the U.S. Congress, working with our military and intelligence community to keep Georgians safe while investigating wrongdoing by government contractors.
During five years as a Congressional aide, I learned how to get things done in Washington. On Capitol Hill and as a journalist, I’ve learned how to expose and fight the abuse of power.
I will use my experience and all of my energy to fight for Georgia.
Earning a Master’s degree from the London School of Economics
With Congressman John Lewis
Holiday with Mom and Alisha
Quick Facts About Jon
- Jon was born in Atlanta’s Piedmont Hospital. He grew up in the Northlake area.
- Both of Jon’s grandfathers served in World War II. His father’s dad was an American bombardier on B-24 Liberators in the Pacific. His mother’s dad was a twice-captured Australian infantryman who fought Nazis in the Mediterranean.
- Jon held a Top Secret security clearance while working with our military and intelligence community on counterterrorism, naval, air, and cybersecurity programs.
- Jon played third base for the South London Pirates in the British Baseball Federation while earning his Master’s degree at the London School of Economics.
- While he worked on Capitol Hill in Washington, Jon sang Bass in performances with the National Symphony Orchestra at The Kennedy Center.
- Jon’s company is renowned for supporting and partnering with local investigative journalists around the world.
- Last year, Jon led a team that exposed more than 30 corrupt judges in the West African nation of Ghana.
- This year, one of Jon’s teams uncovered mass killings and sexual slavery by ISIS on the front line in Iraq while producing a documentary for the BBC.
- Jon’s company has targeted quack doctors who put women’s lives at risk in poor and remote parts of the world.
- Jon studied under Madeleine Albright and former Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren as an undergraduate at Georgetown University.
- Jon wrote his Master’s thesis at the London School of Economics on trade relations between the U.S. and China.
A Relentless Warrior Against Corruption
As a national security aide with top-secret clearance, Jon Ossoff fought to stop waste and abuse by military contractors. As an investigative filmmaker, he took on corrupt foreign officials who were stealing U.S. tax dollars — and helped send them to jail.